Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pastors Report June 25-July 15

Pastors report  June 25 –July 15
Much has happened since moving to Belt /Highwood. The first week of course was getting our stuff from one place to another and then start unpacking.  Moving is a BIG job. Your life unravels in one place and begins anew in another. We are most grateful for all of the help that assisted us in getting set up in the new parsonage. It is another big job to change all of your addresses to all mail correspondence and other things that need to be done. But, thank God most of that is done.
The first couple of weeks was highly energized with the 100th celebration in Highwood and the Belt Summer Celebration. Both events helped me in meeting a lot of people in both areas.
Bruce Shultz and those that helped him in getting the hand rails in place for Cissie was taken care of and an excellent job was done there. Jerry stopped by the parsonage when he was helping me get the new locks put in and found a hot wire for the light in the office. That will be forthcoming. Preacher does need some light while preparing bulletins, newsletters, and sermons.Handrails are still needed for Cissie at both the Montclair church and the Highwood Church so she can have access to the children’s area of ministry. Keys was the next item of business and finally all of that was taken care of efficiently.
The office for now is going to remain in the basement of the parsonage until I can establish my routine. It is hoped that once school begins I can offer free beginner piano and beginner guitar lessons at the Belt Church in the afternoons. I am considering a bible study at Montclair for the fall.  I suppose that will develop as a more routine schedule is established.
We have been busy working on the bulletin and newsletter for both churches and all of that is falling into place. I need to learn where everyone lives in the area and have been working on a plan so that I can get around to visiting every home of both churches. I will be coming up with some type of form that we can pass around in both churches for people to sign up for a good time for me and Cissie to visit with each of you. Word is out that a new preacher is in town so I have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting lots of new people.
I have been working on calling around to locate people. Since Belt seems to have been the hardest hit with attendance I have been working on that area first.  I am still working on a list of people that members have given me to visit through the index cards that were passed out. The men’s bible study group at Highwood at  6:30 on Monday has continued to meet and I have enjoyed being part of that. The bible study at Janet and Rick Lee’s on Thursday night was another opportunity to meet, study, and fellowship with some of the Highwood members.
The invitation is extended again that Cissie and I are open for you to stop by the parsonage or office for a  chat or counseling or whatever. Keep us informed about anyone needing prayer. It is exciting being in this new community. Gods Blessings to everyone. Pastor Cleve

No comments:

Post a Comment